For lacemakers, I will point out two significant improvements:
- Native support for Mac OS X. The install process is much easier and the tool now looks and behaves like other Mac OS X tools.
- Performance when working with a large number of objects has been improved.
To get started, download and install Inkscape 1.0.
The Bobbin Lace extensions must also be reinstalled for Inkscape 1.0. Open Inkscape 1.0 and take note of the folder listed at Edit > Preferences > System: User extensions. Download extensions.zip and extract the files into the “user extensions” folder. Close and re-open Inkscape. For more detailed instructions on how to install and use this tool, please visit my tools page.
In addition to upgrading to Inkscape 1.0, a few improvements have been made to the bobbin lace tools:
- You can select a template file using a dialog (you no longer need to type in a long, difficult to find, file path)
- The dialogs have been reorganized to be more compact and user friendly.
- Choosing a colour is now simple.
- Distance measurements are more accurate.